Saturday, February 1, 2014

Baby Food Recipe: Peas, Greek yogurt, Carrot Juice


As always, please follow the general guidelines about HOW and WHEN to introduce food to your baby.  These guidelines are important to follow for safety and allergy reasons. A simple Google search will yield quite an array of guidelines which vary somewhat - with the older guidelines being a bit more limiting and the newer guidelines allowing for more flexibility. Also check with your child's pediatrician.

As you know from my previous post, Gunner loves Greek yogurt. I buy the large container so a lot of his food is prepared with it in varying amounts. I also use the same carrot juice, because once I buy it, I want to make sure it's used up and is not wasted! So here's what I used:

-1/3 cup frozen peas
-2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt (I used French vanilla but you could always get creative!)
-1 to 2 ounces of carrot juice

Here's the yogurt and juice I prefer to use, but if you have a favorite, definitely use that!


You'll need to steam the peas before pureeing. I LOVE my Pampered Chef microwave steamer, and I use it ALL the time when preparing his foods. I added about 1/3 cup of water and put in the microwave for 2 minutes.



This is so simple - just place all of the ingredients in your blender/baby food processor and voila! Blend long enough so the peas are fully pureed and there are no large pieces of the pea.



Use the carrot juice to thin the consistency to what is safe for your little one. Gunner is ok with a little thicker puree, so I tend to use 1-1.5 ounces, but you could make it thinner and use 2 ounces.

This recipe actually yielded three servings, but I over-poured into his bowl and was only able to refrigerate one serving.



Another yummy success! Happy cooking!

~Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment