Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Easy, healthy cold pasta

Being a new mommy, I have been trying to stock my refrigerator with things that I can quickly throw together for a bite - something delicious AND healthy. So instead of the Easy Mac, I mixed these ingredients from my refrigerator to create a seriously tastey (and nutritious!) lunch.

Bonus: I made extra to store and eat for lunch/a snack. Depending on how much you make, you may want to add the greens and sprouts when serving so they stay fresh and crispy. 

So here's what I used:

-whole grain pasta  (I used penne)
-grated Parmesan cheese 
-Organic Girl's "Super Greens" salad blend
-marinated artichoke hearts (in the glass jar)
-alfalfa sprouts
-salt and pepper
-olive oil
-garlic



Cook the noodles al dente and mix together with all of the ingredients.  This dish is largely based upon your tastes, so add as much or as little as you prefer. I've made it a few times, and each time I change up the ratio (and it is ALWAYS delicious)!

No comments:

Post a Comment